Hello my fellow beer lovers of the world. I started this blog so I could review beers on the level of the common man (or woman). There have been too many times in which I have been drinking a beer and gone online to see what other people think of that beer and saw a lot of websites and blogs talking about hoppy this or malty that. Now, I know these are the typical words used when describing beer but I have always felt that there should be someone out there describing beer from the perspective of the "common man." That's where I come in. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Leinenkugel's Classic Amber


Even as the majority of people are sitting at home today because a) they are still snowed in from the crazy storm that just rolled through or b) the Superbowl, I am starting off the new series of blogs that were going to be running here at the The Common Beer Lover. This time around for the next month or so I'm going to spotlight a number of different breweries and review some of their more common beers, or some of the uncommon ones. This series will let you, the readers, comment on some of your favorite brands or breweries that you would like to see reviewed or just some brews that you've heard of that you might just want some more information about. The first brewery on the docket is the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company, home of the number of different brews that Leinenkugel produces. The Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company prides itself on producing a beer that is meant to be drank by everybody in a laid back manor, chilling on a beach. Now it doesn't have to be on a beach, but you get a real laid back vibe when visiting their website and opening the case of beer you have just bought. The first beer we're going to look at in the Leinenkugel series is the Classic Amber. Right off the bat, I have to admit that I was surprised when I found out that the beer is brewed in Chippawa Falls, Wisconsin, especially with a name like Leinenkugel. After trying my first Classic Amber the first impression that I got was light and fresh. The beer is pretty simple when it comes to taste which is not a bad thing in this case. There really is no lingering aftertaste that some beers have and there is only a slight bitter taste that does not take over the taste of the beer in the slightness. It has a really light and crispness to it which makes it one of those beers that everybody can enjoy in really any environment. Also, as a side note, the beer brings a pretty average ABV to the table with a 4.9. The beer has a pretty average taste that has its upside of being light and very drinkable but really doesn't have a distinct factor that separates it from other beers. Definitely a beer that nobody will hate but will be in few people's top five lists.


Overall Score - 5.0


BG


Stay tuned and see if Leinenkugel's next brew can raise the bar a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment