Hello my fellow beer lovers of the world. I started this blog so I could review beers on the level of the common man (or woman). There have been too many times in which I have been drinking a beer and gone online to see what other people think of that beer and saw a lot of websites and blogs talking about hoppy this or malty that. Now, I know these are the typical words used when describing beer but I have always felt that there should be someone out there describing beer from the perspective of the "common man." That's where I come in. I hope you enjoy.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Full Moon Winter Ale: Part of the Blue Moon Seasonal Collection


With almost two feet of snow lying outside on the ground with more continuing to fall, it just happens to be a perfect setting for watching a couple of movies, relaxing, and enjoying some good beer. Today on the menu is Blue Moon's Seasonal Selection, Full Moon. Full Moon sits at the average price of around $8 dollars for a six pack and has a nice ABV of 5.6% which will keep you warm on a night like this. The label on the beer describes the beer as a full-bodied ale that is brewed with roasted malts and a hint of Dark Belgian sugar for a perfectly balanced taste. Now while drinking the beer I have no idea if I was tasting the sweet Belgian sugar or not but what I can tell you is that beer does have an interesting taste. Compared with the last winter brew that I reviewed, the Sierra Nevada, there is only a slight hint of bitterness in the beer. There is also a slight hint of sweetness that you can pick up on in the after taste. In truth it is not to heavy and is definitely a beer that deserves more than one in a sitting. One of the best things about the beer is that it doesn't have a significantly bold taste which makes it more enjoyable to people who do not necessarily like a really strong "beerish" flavor. (My mom is a huge fan of the entire Blue Moon Collection and her favorite beer is Coors Light) Overall I think that this an enjoyable beer for everybody but if your looking for a beer with a more bold flavor than look elsewhere.


Overall Score - 6.8

Tune back next time for the newest beer review

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment