Hello my fellow beer lovers of the world. I started this blog so I could review beers on the level of the common man (or woman). There have been too many times in which I have been drinking a beer and gone online to see what other people think of that beer and saw a lot of websites and blogs talking about hoppy this or malty that. Now, I know these are the typical words used when describing beer but I have always felt that there should be someone out there describing beer from the perspective of the "common man." That's where I come in. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blue Moon - Grand Cru Limited Edition


It's almost the end of the year, only a couple of more days, and what's a better beer to review than one brewed especially for the occasion. Now normally I would wait and publish this post on New Years Eve or the day after but I wanted to get it out there before all of the limited edition beers are off the shelves of your local liquor store. The first thing I want everyone to know is that the Blue Moon Grand Cru does not come in a case or six pack but bought in 25 oz. bottles. The bottles aren't cheap and run around $8 dollars a piece but before swearing it off because of the price let me tell you a little more about the beer. First of all, the beer has a very high ABV of 8.2%, almost double a normal beer. Now usually when you see a beer with a high ABV, the beer usually loses a lot of good taste but this beer is completely different. The Grand Cru tastes better than its brother, the Blue Moon, but is very similar with a more distinct taste of the orange, the usual garnish and taste of the blue moon beer. Now the Grand Cru drinks very smoothly and will get you on your way to being out of control drunk really fast and you won't even realize it. If I had to pick one thing that I don't like about this beer is just the little bit of dry mouth that it leaves but other than that there really is no after taste and nothing else bad about this beer. If I were you I would try to get my had on a couple before the New Years and ring in the new year the right way.






Overall Score - 8.2




I wasn't lying there are definitely some micro brews on the horizons.




BG

No comments:

Post a Comment